Recent Posts to Resource Center
- Protecting Yourself from Protected Language: Email and Social Media Policies
- 4 Ways to Re-recruit and Retain Your Employees
- 5 Issues to Consider When Creating Timekeeping Policies
- Pregnancy & Disability Discrimination: The Most Common Mistakes
- Don’t Be a Victim: 5 Ways to Avoid Wage and Hour Lawsuits
2012 Social Security Taxable Wage Base
The Social Security Administration announced on October 19, 2011 the 2012 Social Security Taxable Wage Base. The wage base is increasing $3,300 from the taxable wage base for 2011 of $106,800 up to $110,100 for 2012. The administration did not release the maximum withholding as there is a potential that this will change if any part of the America Jobs Act is passed by congress and signed into law before January 1, 2012.
For more information, go to www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/pr/2012cola-pr.html.