Notice of Pay Rate for New York Employees Required by February 1
Posted on January 21, 2013
Under the Wage Theft Prevention Act, New York employers are required to give written notice of wage rates to each new hire and to all employees by February 1 of each year.
This notice must include the following information:
* The employee’s rate(s) of pay, including overtime if applicable
* How the employee is paid, whether hourly, salary, commission, etc.
* Regular payday
* Official name of the employer and any other names used for business (DBA)
* Address and phone number of the employer’s main office
* Allowances taken as part of the minimum wage, such as tips, meal or lodging deductions
These notices must be given in both English and the employee’s primary language. The New York Department of Labor provides translations in several languages. Employers can provide their own notices, or use a sample notice from the Department.
For more information, please visit the New York Department of Labor’s website.
Interested in learning more about Paycor and the solutions we offer? Get in touch with us today.