Paycor Explores Top Issues in HR and Compliance at Recent Web Summit
Posted on July 8, 2015
Engaging Event Addressed How to Maintain Compliance Around Onboarding, Social Media, ACA Reporting and More
Jul 8, 2015) - Paycor, providing companies
with intuitive, cloud-based onboarding, HR, payroll and timekeeping
software, today announced details of its recent HR & Compliance Web
Summit, an all-day webinar event
that took place on Thursday, June 18, 2015.
The educational sessions presenting during the summit included:
* Onboarding with a Plan: Organizations typically spend a great deal of time and resources recruiting top talent but often neglect to onboard their new hires with the same level of enthusiasm. Led by Robin Throckmorton, president of strategic HR, inc., this session highlighted how employers can prepare to onboard their new hires through a collaborative effort. In addition, Throckmorton discussed strategies to ensure new hires are welcomed and acclimated as part of the team.
* Getting a Seat at the Table: All too often, HR professionals are stuck in compliance and administrative tasks, driving the need for them to expand their perspective and get the recognition they deserve. Lori Kleiman of HR Topics explored this challenge in depth, focusing on how HR professionals can become strategic executives who are action oriented and embrace technology to drive their plans forward. Her session showed how to integrate HR with the rest of the organization, helping the function gain a seat at the table.
* ACA IRS Filing: What's Required? What Do You Need to Do?: Paycor's Rick Chouteau, senior vice president of Sales - Broker Development, and Brad Dewey, director of Product Management, provided a detailed overview of IRS forms 1094-C and 1095-C, helping attendees understand what data is needed to file and from where it should come. They also explored how Paycor facilitates how its clients complete and file these mandatory forms and how the company's data hub and filing service can help.
* Creating a Successful Development Plan for High Potential Employees: As talent becomes scarcer, it isn't always possible to hire someone with the unique skill sets needed, requiring organizations to grow talent internally. Bob Anderson, senior human resources consultant with strategic HR, inc., discussed the factors required for a successful talent development process, including how to evaluate high potential candidates and create effective developmental activities to guide their growth.
* Navigating Social Media in the Workplace: Social media can present many challenges in a workplace, such as reducing productivity or creating an environment where harassment or other unacceptable behaviors may be exhibited. In this session, HRAnswerLink's Rebecca Seaman and Lyndsay Christensen explained the legal concerns surrounding social media and best practices for regulating its use. They also discussed real world scenarios and proven strategies for handling them.
"Paycor is committed to sharing the latest ideas and strategies to overcome today's HR and compliance challenges, while providing HR leaders and practitioners with insight on how they can continually improve their operations and achieve compliance," said Jennifer Bellin, Vice President of Marketing for Paycor. "We are thrilled to make these cutting-edge presentations available for all, enabling professionals at all levels to gain a deeper understanding of these pressing topics."
Paycor's next Web Summit will be held later this fall. Information about Paycor's ongoing webinar series is available at paycor.com/webinars.