The I-9 form is used to verify employee identity and authorization to work in the United States, but common mistakes on I-9s could cost employers thousands of dollars in fines. How can you protect your company from costly I-9 audits? How has it changed because of the pandemic? Get the facts during this session. We will discuss:
- When to legally get rid of an I-9 and why holding on to all of your historical I-9s will create more exposure and fines.
- How to fix I-9 mistakes a predecessor made.
- Why you need a copy of M-274.
- How payroll and HR people are perjuring themselves in the I-9 process and how to avoid this.
- The end of I-9 pandemic “flexibility” on May 31st and what to do next.
Speaker: Becky Becker
Becky Stauffer is a national speaker and consultant on Workplace Issues. In 2016, she started her own consulting company Work4Accord, LLC where she serves National and Regional clients. A frequent speaker and lecturer, in 2018, she addressed audiences in 30 states on Payroll Law and HR issues.
Work4Accord’s mission is to help Business Owners minimize workplace conflict so they can focus on “their businesses”. In 2018, Work4Accord developed a nationally recognized certificate program on Harassment Bystander Training.
Tuesday, May 4
11 AM ET