Participants will learn about:
- The myths and misperceptions that make leadership seem like an exclusive club.
- The 10 key differences between being a manager and being a leader.
- Who’s eligible to be a leader and why that eligibility has nothing to do with job titles.
- The importance of equipping your managers to also be leaders.
- The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership®, an evidence-based framework for leadership.
You’ll also receive a self-assessment tool to discover how frequently you’re leaning toward managing work vs. how often you lean toward leading people.
This session is eligible for HRCI and SHRM credit.
Deb Calvert is the president of People First Productivity Solutions and founder of People First Leadership Academy. She has been named one of the “65 Most Influential Women in Business” by Treeline. Formerly an HR Director with a Fortune 500 media company, Deb now focuses on helping businesses to put PEOPLE first to achieve next-level results. Deb is an ICF-certified coach, keynote speaker, and author. She most enjoys working with businesses that want to build people-first cultures.