COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Paycor collects personal information from you or about you when:
(1) you visit our Website
(2) you are asked to register before entering a limited access site
(3) you request information or contact from Paycor
(4) you voluntarily provide it via the Website
(5) you sign up to receive alerts or notifications
(6) you make a purchase, and
(7) your current, prospective, or former employer or a similarly affiliated entity (referred to as “Employer”) provides it to Paycor to facilitate the processing of benefits management, payroll services, tax compliance, scheduling and timekeeping, onboarding, related human resources-related services, and data analytics, (collectively “Services”).
Personal information collected may include:
- Date of birth
- Street address
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- User name
- Browser fingerprint
- Geolocation information
- IP address
- and any other information you may voluntarily provide (“Personal Information”).
- To join Paycor’s text messaging program, you can opt-in and configure your text-based notifications and security settings through the Website directly.
- To discontinue receiving SMS messages from Paycor, you can opt-out of your text-based notifications and security settings through the Website.
COOKIES and OTHER AUTOMATED INFORMATION COLLECTION
In an effort to publish content visitors need and want, we collect summative site-visitation statistics using cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a Website to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use both of them:
(1) session cookies, which do not stay on your computer after you close your browser, and
(2) persistent cookies, which remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire.
When a user visits our site, a cookie is placed on the user’s machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has accessed the site previously.
We do not use this technology to develop or access personally identifiable information about you or to track your use of the site; rather, it is a tool we use to compile statistics about our Website and mobile applications usage. We do not share this information outside of Paycor, and do not allow other companies to place technology on our site that would develop personally identifiable information.
Paycor uses third parties that automate information collection through the use of beacons, pixels, web links, or other similar third-party tracking mechanisms.
Do Not Track Disclosure
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share Personal Information with third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- With your Employer or as instructed by your Employer.
- In connection with a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or when otherwise required by law, rule or regulation.
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, or similar event.
- Working with third party entities to support the Website’s operation and administration.
- Working with third party entities to perform certain business-related functions (e.g., mailing campaigns to customers, maintaining databases, providing products or services to you on our behalf, fulfilling or responding to your requests or purchases) to the extent needed for such third parties to perform their specific functions.
- Working with companies that we own or control, that are owned or controlled by Paycor, or that are under common ownership or control. Data collected by these entities are subject to their respective privacy policies and applicable terms and conditions. These companies may include, but are not limited to, Newton Software Inc. (data may be shared and used as part of the Perform ATS service) and Nimble Software Systems, Inc. (data may be shared and used as part of the Perform Time service).
- In connection with providing aggregated anonymous information concerning member usage of the Services to third parties, such as for advertisers, for purposes that we deem appropriate for service administration.
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798, California residents may ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide information about our sharing of Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share any California consumer Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes without consent.
CHOICE AND PREFERENCES
This site contains links to other sites. Paycor is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We take a number of security precautions to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of our data. These precautions can be categorized as internal security and external security. At Paycor, we use these security categories to limit the individuals or groups authorized to access and/or change data in such categories. This prevents unauthorized individuals from accessing, copying, editing, or deleting data. We also implement an audit system that tracks access, both successful and unsuccessful, to confidential data. This audit information is used to constantly evaluate and refine our security measures and to identify individuals who might attempt to inappropriately access data and to take remedial action. Paycor uses industry-standard technology to encrypt and authenticate transactions. Learn more about Paycor's Security practices at https://www.paycor.com/security.
As you know, however, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, and as a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, technical, or physical safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and computing device. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong, confidential password and utilizing multi-factor authentication. Depending on the situation, other you may want to implement security measures in addition to those provided by Paycor.
INFORMATION OF MINORS
The Website is not intended for use by children under 18 years old and we do not knowingly collect any information from children under 18 years old through the site. If you are under 18 years old, you may use our Website only with the permission and involvement of your parent(s) or guardian.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You control the accuracy of your Personal Information. If your Personal Information changes, please have your employer correct, update or delete it from our Website.
Outside of its legal obligations to your Employer, Paycor has no obligation to maintain or provide any of your Personal Information and may, unless legally prohibited, delete all of your Personal Information in our systems or otherwise in our possession or under our control. We may also retain all or a subset of your Personal Information for business or legal purposes.
Paycor responds to requests within the time limit set out by the applicable privacy legislation and, if applicable, provides the individual with an estimate of the cost associated with administering and responding to the request. Paycor requires sufficient information to authenticate requests for access.
GENERAL CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us through the following methods.
Send mail to:
4811 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, OH 45212
If you are a Paycor client, contact your Paycor Specialist