“Unlike our previous provider, Paycor has helped us automate routine HR tasks so we can focus on other areas of the business.”
Randy H. Krauss, Maffei
“Paycor has allowed me to be more efficient and begin to develop the programs I never had time to implement.”
Mia J., Smuttynose Brewing
What does HR management software include?
To be most effective, a best-in-class human capital management (HCM) platform should include the following components:
- Employee recordkeeping
- Automated workflows
- Paperless document management
- Employee self-service
- Performance management
- Reporting & analytics
How long does it take to get an online HR software solution set up at my company?
The time required to get a system set up depends on several factors: the components you need, the complexity of your business and industry, whether you’re starting from scratch or need to transfer existing data to a new system are some considerations. Implementation can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months. However, here are three things a good HR software partner can do to speed things up:
- Have a fully connected implementation process with an assigned implementation team so they (and you) don’t waste time entering repetitive information.
- Handle data transfer or entry and configuration for you.
- Provide in-depth training and live support.
What are the key problems solved by having an HR software system in place?
- Simplify & Integrate HR Processes – Managing the complex functions of HR requires advanced technology to simplify everyday tasks and consolidate data so it can be used to help with long-term planning. This saves time and money.
- Provide Better Talent Management – Better understand metrics like cost per hire, revenue per employee and your absentee rate when you have unified data.
- Provide Analytics for Insight – Turn your people data into actionable insights that improve decision making around attracting talent and reducing turnover. Real-time data insights will help you answer important questions, such as “Who is at risk for resigning?”.
How does human resources software help my company stay compliant?
Whether it’s in the areas of recruiting, hiring, payroll or people management, compliance is a vital element of any company’s ongoing success. Without a solid focus on compliance, your business could be at risk of being penalized with fines and lawsuits. From accurate timekeeping and payroll and tax updates to consistent recordkeeping and detailed reports, HR technology should be a top priority to help you confidently manage compliance.
Are there solutions designed for my industry and company size?
Yes, you can find HR software customized to your industry. For example, Paycor specializes in HCM for the healthcare, manufacturing and restaurant industries. We also service organizations with 1 to 1,000 employees. The sophistication and power of our HR platform can be adjusted to meet the needs of your business as it grows. Our product tour is a good place to start to get an idea of which systems are recommended for your size business.
Can our organization switch HR software providers mid-year?
Yes, you can switch mid-year and we can help with any questions related to tax filing or year-end processing. Our implementation experience was created to differentiate and enhance the customer experience, reduce post implementation issues, and add value to the overall partnership.