CORrecap: Productivity without Stress and More
Posted on September 18, 2015
Newly proposed overtime changes from the DOL, employee productivity tips, and eight other stories we noticed among the noise this week in HR, payroll and business news.
- It's been five years since our most recent recession, but still only 21% of small businesses report having "recovered" from it. (*source: The Daily Signal*)
- Here's how to make your employees more productive--without making them more stressed. (*source: Forbes.com*)
- The Department of Labor's proposed overtime changes could be the next ACA in terms of its effect on businesses. Here are some steps you can take to be prepared. (*source: HRMorning.com*)
- Sure, your corporate culture is great. But is it distinctive? (*source: Harvard Business Review*)
- Companies like TinyPulse are advising companies to survey their employees every single week. (*source: Chicago Tribune*)
- Especially at small businesses, star employees don't necessarily make star managers. (*source: Forbes.com*)
- HR leaders, here are 5 Supreme Court cases to watch once the Court comes back in session October 5. (*source: HR Dive*)
- "Professional hustling"...and how to "flip the script" to your advantage in such situations. (*source: Inc.com*)
- Do you know what most people don't know about leadership? (*source: Forbes.com*)
- A great sentiment on which to end your week: 6 ways to exhibit kindness in both life and business. (*source: Entrepreneur.com*)
Have a great weekend!