The thought of implementing new payroll and HR software can be intimidating, especially if past software implementations haven’t gone smoothly. If you’re considering switching to a new human capital management system and payroll software company, ask them these five questions about their implementation process before you make a final decision.
- Will we have a dedicated team of implementation specialists? You’ll want to make sure you have one or more implementation specialists dedicated to your account. The number may vary depending on your specific business needs, but the implementation specialist is there to answer your questions, guide you through the process and ensure the transition goes smoothly. If you’re implementing multiple products such as payroll, benefits and a learning management system, ask if there will be an expert for each product involved.
- How long will implementation take? This answer is completely dependent on your organization’s needs and how many products you’re implementing. The more “complex” the implementation (such as multiple locations, pay structures, FEINs, etc.) the longer the process will take in order to ensure accuracy.
- Will the implementation team help me set requirements? A great implementation team will help you determine your new system’s configuration requirements as well as a timeline. Your team should also define what a successful implementation looks like with measurable, achievable metrics. The desired outcome can serve as solid documentation for your expectations and theirs as well as something you can refer back to if questions arise.
- How can I check the status of my implementation? Keeping up with your implementation is crucial to success. You should receive constant status updates as to where your organization is in the process and what’s scheduled as the next steps. Nothing should be a surprise.
- Will there be a final review before we go live? Your provider should offer to review the outcomes of all deliverables outlined in your project success plan before your account becomes operational. This can help catch any last-minute errors before your process your first payroll or before employees begin using the new HR system.
Buyer's Guide To HCM And Payroll Technology
An HCM platform is the foundation of your business, and choosing the technology is one of the most important decisions you'll make.Get Expertise
Stay Up to Date
Sign up to receive our latest research and expert advice.
Check your inbox for an email confirming your subscription. Enjoy!