Earth Day is a time to evaluate our daily habits and ask, what could we do differently to offset our carbon footprint? That’s a great question for individuals to ask and it’s a question companies should consider, too. So, we’ve created a list, based on current Paycor practices to show you affordable, ongoing initiatives you can implement today.
Here are 5 initiatives to help you cut costs, protect the Earth and make a difference:
- Reusable Cups When new associates join Paycor, we give them a welcome kit of Paycor swag, including durable, reusable cups. Not only are the cups a reminder to stay hydrated, they also dramatically cut down on the need for single-use plastic or paper cups. This simple green initiative is cost-friendly and new hires love their Paycor-branded cups.
- Direct Deposit vs. Paper Checks As an HR and payroll provider, we encourage all businesses to offer direct deposit. Each year, 68 million trees are cut down to produce paper. Eliminating physical checks can save millions of trees. Direct deposit doesn’t only benefit the environment, it’s also a major plus for employers and employees.
Benefits for the employer:
- Cost saving: no need to pay for checks, ink or printer maintenance
- You can process payroll and pay employees no matter where you’re located
- More secure employee information
- Checks don’t get lost or damaged
- Correcting payments is faster
- No need to make a trip to the bank
- Instant access to funds
On average, 300 million tons of paper are produced each year. Two-hundred and eighty-five tons of paper will go into production by the time you’re done reading this post.