“The time is always right to do what is right” – Martin Luther King Jr.
At Paycor, Black History Month isn’t just a time to remember the past. It’s a time to celebrate how far our society has come and where we’re headed. It’s about having conversations that bring real challenges to the forefront, spotlighting our associates who make a difference and networking with people of all races to grow personally and professionally.
One of the ways we make it all happen is through our employee resource group, Colorful Connections. The group’s mission is to support people of color in corporate America through networking and mentorship while nurturing diversity and inclusion across our entire organization. Colorful Connections is a true embodiment of Paycor’s Guiding Principle: Do the Right Thing
Throughout Black History Month, Colorful Connections is hosting many initiatives, including:
- Spotlighting black leaders at Paycor
- Creating Meaningful Connections—a series of interactive discussions
- Showcasing local artists and heroes of color at Paycor’s pop-up art exhibit
- Continuing our book club that covers topics about the complexities of bias and race
- Publishing daily black history facts on our internal website
- Hosting a cultural line dance event
- And so much more!
Black history isn’t just a month, it’s 365 days a year. That’s why one of Colorful Connections’ biggest goals is to keep the conversation going and increase awareness beyond the month of February.
Thank you, Colorful Connections and Paycor associates for promoting diversity, inclusion and being difference makers all year round.