In today’s fast-paced work environment, automation is making its way into all aspects of business. The recruitment industry is no exception to this automation takeover with automated job-board postings, resume-screeners and automated interviews being just a few tools in the recruitment automation landscape.
What is Recruitment Automation?
Recruitment automation is the process of augmenting and enhancing recruiters’ abilities through the use of smart tools designed to expedite and improve the hiring process. Automation is everywhere nowadays, and in recent years it has become more and more intertwined with everyday recruiting processes. Using an automated recruiting system and employing the best practices that go along with it can be a huge boost to any company’s hiring process.
Why is it Useful?
As a recruiter or hiring manager, no matter how hard you work, there is always more that could be done and areas that could be improved. Unfortunately, with shrinking resources and increasing expectations, recruiters are being asked to do more with less than ever before. This is where automation comes in. By automating some of the more redundant and time-consuming tasks, you are able to make a significant improvement in what you are able to accomplish on a daily basis.
The quality of your hires needs to stay high, and recruitment automation helps take some of the more mundane tasks out of your hands so you can focus on what really matters. Recruitment automation can also help by providing data on previous and current hires so you can replicate success in your recruitment efforts to find quality candidates.
How to Automate Your Recruiting
- Resume Screening – Not a new entrant to the recruitment automation scene, resume screening tools are a huge help when it comes to optimizing your workflow and weeding out unqualified candidates. A vast amount of time is spent reviewing applications for unqualified candidates (between 75% and 88% of resumes are unqualified). This is a major waste of resources where time could be allocated to courting promising, top quality talent. Having a resume screening system integrated with your applicant tracking system (ATS) is a must in this day and age. Make sure to look for an ATS that has resume parsing and scanning tools built in.
- Automated Job Board Posting – All hiring managers know that posting open positions to the many job boards that are out there can be a tedious and time-consuming task. Having the ability to automatically post new positions to job boards is a functionality that every hiring manager should have in their toolbelt. With Paycor Recruiting, you can post to Indeed, Linkedin, Glassdoor and your own custom careers page with only one click. Using a system like Paycor Recruiting reduces errors and cuts down the time you spend manually posting all of your jobs.
- Gather Feedback from Hiring Managers – Collecting feedback from everyone involved in the hiring process can feel like herding cats. Having a system in place that allows you to automate this collection of feedback following every interview can make your life a lot easier. With Paycor Recruiting, following every interview, all interviewers automatically receive an email notification asking them to submit their interview feedback. You can also set reminders so you never forget to follow up with candidates and remember all of the important tasks on your busy schedule. By using this type of automation you can spend less time trying to remember what you have to do and more time focusing on tasks that will bring you quality hires.
- Artificially Intelligent Video Interviews – Video interviews have been around for quite some time, but AI is transforming this tool as it does everything it comes in contact with. By recognizing and assessing facial expressions, word choice and speech patterns, AI software is able to give you greater insight into the overall fit of a candidate. It is best to use AI video interviews as a supplement to your current recruiting practices instead of the main hiring decision maker. On one hand, AI can pick up on nuances humans wouldn’t notice right off the bat – but on the other hand, with AI, there is plenty of room for error as machines cannot read minds and cannot adequately determine the quality of the candidate. Humans will always be needed in recruiting and recruitment automation tools should not be viewed as a replacement for recruiters.
- Email Automation – Having a system in place that allows you to deliver personalized AI driven emails will save you a lot of time and headache. By knowing what stage every candidate is in at any given moment, you can easily choose from your collection of fully customizable email templates and use smart logic to personalize every email on a person-by-person basis. This is extremely useful when it comes to sending reminder emails to hiring managers or interview confirmations to your candidates. Having a system in place like Paycor Recruiting with polished emails that look as though they’ve been sent directly from your inbox will improve your time to respond and reduce errors that reflect poorly on your company.
There are many benefits to using recruitment automation in your hiring process. Whether you are just starting to build out your team or you’re hiring thousands of people per year, automation tools such as resume screeners and personalized emails will help to streamline your recruitment efforts. However, with this in mind it is crucial to never lose the human element. At the end of the day, a business is made up of people wanting to employ more people. Fully automating everything about your hiring process can end up hurting more than it helps as people still want to feel as if they are interacting with humans, especially when it comes to a major life decision like accepting a new job offer.
Hire Faster & Smarter with Paycor Recruiting
Finding, interviewing and hiring talented people are the most important challenges growing businesses face. Paycor Recruiting is a software solution designed and built by recruiters for recruiters and HR hiring teams to help you solve your hiring problems and optimize your recruiting process.