Attracting talent is a top initiative for many companies. Yet the
recruiting process has traditionally faced some challenges: difficulty
sourcing top talent, a lengthy process, high cost per hire and other
issues. It’s no surprise that many companies outsource some or all of
the process to a recruitment agency.
A Basic Recruiting Process Includes:
- Keeping track of any empty positions to be filled
- Writing HR-compliant job descriptions with competitive offers
- Deciding where new job applicants will be located, or sourced
- Screening applicants through resume reviews and interviews
- Getting buy-in from key stakeholders to make a job offer
- Onboarding and training new hires
How To Manage Recruiting Challenges
With so many tasks to manage, it’s easy to see how challenges can arise.
Three of the biggest challenges for recruiters are finding top talent,
streamlining the hiring process and managing new hire onboarding.
- Find Top Talent
One of the major challenges for companies is finding the best match for
open positions. To figure out where to concentrate your efforts, ask the
sources of some of your best hires. Or better yet, ask your best hires
directly about where to find good people. Many companies now offer an
employee referral program where existing employees are rewarded for
referring candidates who become hires. In addition, leverage
digital strategies for recruiting top candidates, including LinkedIn.
Outside headhunters or specialized niche recruiters may be also be
- Streamline The Hiring Process
A cumbersome, manual recruiting process can also pose a major challenge
for employers. Recruiting processes can be simplified and optimized by using recruiting and applicant tracking software. Recruiters and interviewers can update and edit information anytime,
from anywhere. They can easily post new job openings, see where current
applicants are in the process, match applicants to open positions and
analyze where bottlenecks are slowing things down. Automating the
recruiting process saves valuable time and energy, and provides a better
hiring experience for recruiters and applicants. Also, use free resources, like this one, when you make a job offer to a candidate.
- Managing New Hire Onboarding
- Leverage a unified human capital management system so once an applicant is hired their necessary information is transferred seamlessly from the ATS to the HR and benefits application. The benefit of a unified HCM platform is it removes the need for duplicate data entry. The HR software platform also allows
you to see where your new hires stand in their orientation programs with
the training administration feature, which lets you to schedule courses
and track attendance for different sessions. With support from the right
HR technology, new hire onboarding can be a smooth process.
To learn more about how Paycor’s HR Software can
help make recruiting simpler and more effective, contact